Pages

Details. . .

My photo
Reminding myself daily to bloom where I'm planted.

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Te Amo Niche Shrine


This project was an experiment
with a variety of mediums.

Paper Mache
Cold Porcelain Clay
Air Dry Paper Clay
Niche Design and Creation

Nothing was purchased for this project. 
Lately I've been trying to create things
 from materials I have on hand. 

I've always loved niche/shrine/diorama art pieces and
decided to give one a try myself. 

This one took me about 4 to 5 days to complete.

I ruined a perfectly good sauce pan cooking the cold porcelain
clay, because I mixed it in the pot instead of a separate
bowl first and then I cooked it too long. 

It made me a little sad throwing that pot away
that I've had for 28 years! Next time
I'm buying a cheap pot from the thrift store and using that. 
That's what I get for being a rebel and not paying 
attention to the suggestions on the youtube videos I watched. 

I found the easiest way to color the cold porcelain 
clay is with markers. Just poke them into the clay and knead away.
Sharpies are fine and won't permanently stain your hands. 



The flowers, leaves, candles, and pink hearts are
all made from the cold porcelain clay.

The big red heart at the top and the center cross are
made from the paper clay. 

I used acrylic paints as well as dimensional fabric paint 
and sharpie markers on the design.

I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out and have started
a couple more. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Happy creating.
Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment