Pages

Details. . .

My photo
Reminding myself daily to bloom where I'm planted.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Folk Art Bird House


My dear friend Dede designed a series of bird houses
and her very handy and skilled husband made them for her. 

She gave me two of them as a gift. 
The one featured here was unfinished.
It was a "blank canvas" for me to play with. 



I began by taking off the hardware and taping off the roof.
I decided to go with a light warm neutral base
(because it's what I had the most of).


My design theme prior to starting was rustic
Mexican folk art. 



I was inspired by my recent trips to 
Tucson and Albuquerque. 



I may work a little more on the back. I was in a 
hurry to finish up. Actually, I wanted my kitchen
table back after 4 days of having it covered with
newspaper and paint supplies. 




Happy Holiday and Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment