Pages

Details. . .

My photo
Reminding myself daily to bloom where I'm planted.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Sugar Skull Clown

I'm calling this ornament my sugar skull clown.

Although I didn't start out to make a clown, he
ended up looking like one. 

I just had to "go with it", which is part of the fun
of creating things. You never know how it'll end up. 

First I drew the design with 
sharpies and pitt pens like my other

Next, I threaded a metal concho with a piece of lace
 and glued those two pieces of the "collar" 
to the base of the ornament. 

I further secured the collar with two bead head straight pins, 
which wasn't easy, but I finally got it with a lot of twisting. 


I used a cylindrical polymer 
bead for his fez hat.

It's glued to the top of his head,
along with the hanging ribbon.

Those two are then secured
with a bead head pin as well. 

(Obviously, these ornaments need to be
kept away from small children and curious pets.)



Here's the holiday greeting
on the back. 

Feliz Navidad!



Back to creating! 

I have to finish my black felt sugar skulls.

Shhh. . .
(They're Christmas gifts for my husbands co-workers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment