Pages

Details. . .

My photo
Reminding myself daily to bloom where I'm planted.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sugar Skull from Sissy


I received a message from my brother
 politely asking me to make him a sugar skull. 

He knows I have an affection
 for Mexican EVERYTHING
(people, art, food, decor. . . ).

I have an appreciation for cultural traditions
 and history even if I don't share in,
 or adhere to the beliefs behind them. 

For this piece, I found a basic skull outline
 online and took it from there. 

Using assorted pens, pencils and markers, it
took me a few days to
finish this piece. 

This was the first of two skulls drawn for him. 
The second one was my favorite, 
but I forgot to get a picture 
before I sent it out.
~So not like me! 

Maybe he'll be so kind as to send me a picture
of the other one and I'll post that as well. 

He was very happy when he got them,
 which makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment