Pages

Details. . .

My photo
Reminding myself daily to bloom where I'm planted.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sugar Skull Ornaments


I'd finished with my 
felt sugar skull ornaments,
or so I thought. 

As with every one of my completed projects,
I need to sit and stare at it (whatever "it" is) for a while.

Sometimes a LONG while. 

In a weird way, the piece will let me know 
whether or not I'm finished with it. 

No, not in a "crazy
lady who hears voices coming from
inanimate objects" kind of way. 

There's just an internal satisfaction that
comes with knowing that I'm really finished
with each particular piece, or else
there's an unrest that means the piece needs more work.

Well, after thoughtfully pondering my ornaments for a while,
I knew they needed more oomph, pizazz, something. . .

My husband usually
says he knows I'm done with a piece when 
he starts getting dizzy. 

(Don't misunderstand, he says it
with a sweet smile in the most loving way.)

He appreciates my work and is
a great encourager to me. 


I thought I'd share
ten of the fifteen I've made. 

I'd like to make some with
white or cream felt too. 

What do you think about different
colors of felt for a base besides the black and white? 


I'm happy with 
the way they turned out. 

I'm really finished this time.

My husband is nice and dizzy. 


I hope his co-workers like their gifts!

Now I need to figure out a clever way to wrap them,
using the materials I have on hand.

Hmmm. . .  .





No comments:

Post a Comment