Pages

Details. . .

My photo
Reminding myself daily to bloom where I'm planted.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Black Felt Sugar Skull Ornaments

I picked up some felt squares
at JoAnn's last week.

The Black Friday shoppers had already
cleaned out several colors and it was
only Tuesday!

I wanted to pick up some white or cream for a
base as well as the black, but they were out of stock
at my store that day. 

I do like black with the bright colors
and am happy with the way they turned out.


I started by drawing a pattern on grid paper
and then cutting out the design on cardboard. 

I had a piece laying around that happened to be red. 
As you can see I need a new blade for my razor knife. 
(The right tools make all the difference!)

 I cut enough cardboard templates 
for each ornament, because they were glued inside.


I cut the felt about 1/4" larger than my template
so I could finish the skull off with a blanket stitch. 




I used DMC floss, buttons, beads,
and rhinestones for embellishments. 

They're a lot of fun to make.

I'm still working on several more. The options for
designs are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment